Orange Almond chia seeds pudding – Vegan and No bake
Guess what! This dessert is also easy to make and very quick to whip up. You only need a few ingredients and you’re good to go. Most times the orange flavor is overpowering; on other instances, I feel the acidity alters the chocolate aroma (and not in a good way); but I can’t deny that when done right, the silky dark chocolate brightened by citrus fruit can be an outstanding combination. Worthy of any palate.
Chia seeds (the so-called “Aztec superfood”) being a good source of protein, fiber and an array of precious nutrients. There’s evidence suggesting that chia seeds can reduce blood pressure because of their content of soluble fiber.
They’re also among the richest plant source of Omega-3. Chia can control blood sugar and may have great benefits for diabetics.
Yields: 2-3 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Waiting time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Freshly pressed orange juice-3/4cup
- Slivered/chopped Almonds-1cup (preferably skinless)
- Maple syrup-2-3tbsp
- Chia seeds-1tsp
- Coconut oil/sunflower spread- 1tbsp
- Orange zest OR Seeds OR Nuts – For Garnish
- In a blender/food processor combine almonds, chia seeds blend until crushed.
- Now add orange juice, honey, coconut oil/spread and blend until smooth and silky- you will have stop the blender and scrape, mix with spatula/spoon from time to time to help the blending process.
- Divide the pudding among ramekins/cups and refrigerate for at least for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Top with orange zest/nuts/seeds before serving.
- Sweetness can be altered as per the taste.
- Honey or Sugar can be used in place of Maple syrup
Posted on December 22, 2014, in Dessert, Indian, International, Sweets, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, No Bake pudding, Vegan pudding recipe. Bookmark the permalink. 17 Comments.