Tzatziki Dip: Thyme, Coriander, Mint and Chives – Raita/Yogurt dip
Raita is seasoned yogurt often served as a mouth-cooler when eating spicy Indian dishes. It also works as a healthy dip for vegetables and pita bread and is good as a side dish. This recipe is inspired by Tzatziki.
Here in this yogurt dip I used chives, mint, thyme and coriander instead of cucumber, tomatoes in raita.
Yields: 3-4 servings
- Chopped chives: a handful
- Chopped Fresh mint: a handful
- Chopped fresh coriander: a handful
- Fresh Thyme: 3 – 4 sprigs
- Natural greek yogurt: 1cup
- Black salt/sea salt: to taste
- Roasted cumin powder: 1/2tsp
- Ground black pepper: To taste
- Whisk yogurt, black salt, cumin powder in a bowl.
- Stir in herbs – mint, coriander, thyme and chives.
- Season with ground black pepper.
Serve with any rice dishes/ roti (Recipe link).