Pak choi oriental style noodles
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s so easy to prepare and yields so much. This dish is somewhat versatile in that you can add almost any bits of vegetables you have on hand. This low-fat noodle recipe has a healthy dose of vitamins from the baby Pak choi.
This is a blend of spicy-crunchy taste with hearty veggies and soft and silky noodles to enjoy.
Pak Choi, also known as Bok Choy, Pecking Cabbage or Chinese Cabbage is a vegetable most associated with Chinese cuisine. It is highly nutritious and packed with health, fitness and fat loss enhancing nutrients.Bok choy is one of the popular very low calorie, leafy vegetable. Nonetheless, it is a very rich source of many vital phyto-nutrients, vitamins, minerals and health-benefiting anti-oxidants.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Whole grain Noodles- 250-300 gms
- Chopped pak choi-2 cups
- Olive oil-1 tbsp
- Sliced onion-1 medium
- Crushed garlic cloves-2
- Fresh ginger grated-1 tbsp
- Thinly sliced carrots-2 medium
- Bell pepper sliced-1
- Soy sauce-1 tbsp
- Red chillies deseeded and finely chopped- 2
- Peanut butter-2 tbsp
- Unsalted roasted cashew nuts-1/4 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Boil enough water in a saucepan and cook noodles for 5 minutes or as per package instructions.
- Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Now heat oil in a wok, add onion, garlic, ginger, red chillies on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrot, bell peppers, pak Choy sauté for 4- 5 minutes.
- Mix in soy sauce, peanut butter and cashew nuts and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to the serving bowl and serve immediately.
- Any combination of vegetables can be included as a variation.
- Sauces and spices can be personalised as per the taste.