Dates Figs Nuts and Seeds bliss Balls – No added Sugar
These Date Bliss Balls are naturally sweetened and full of delicious and nutritious seeds and nuts. Date Bliss Balls are packed with protein and fiber to give you energy to keep going. Perfect for a mid-afternoon pick me up, a before the gym snack or a sweet treat to finish a meal.
Nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts, pistachios, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and peanuts all contain a host of healthful nutrients. Just a handful packs a powerful punch of vitamins, minerals and fats, all of which work together to affect your heart, your brain and your waistline. Just 1 ounce a day can diminish inflammation and provide satiating fiber, protein and immune-boosting minerals.
Yields: 14-16 balls
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Roasted nuts- 1 cup (Pistachio, Almonds, Cashewnuts, Peanuts and Walnuts)
- Chopped Dates and Figs-1cup
- Sesame seeds-2tbsp
- Sunflower seeds-2-3tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Chopped Glazed Cheeries – 8 – 10 + For Garnishing
- Sunflower butter – 1 tbsp
- Place all ingredients except Cherries in a blender or a food processor; Until all ingredients comes together
- Heat the kadai with 1 tbsp sunflower butter and add the blended mixture; Mix until slightly warms
- Turnoff the flame and add chopped glazed cherries; Let it cool a bit
- Take a small amount of mixture and roll between palm to form a ball.
- Continue this process with the remaining mixture
- Garnish with nuts/glazed cherries
- Serve Immediately OR cover with plastic wrap and store in an air tight container
- Addition of butter and warming of the mixture enhances the flavour. So the process can be skipped if you doing this in a hurray
I am brining this recipe to Angie’s FF#51