Roasted peanut chutney/dip
Peanut chutney is very easy to make and tastes great. This is very commonly made in every house hold and does it magic with any dish.
This chutney is more like a fresh salsa and it’s like western butter counterpart, it is spread on breakfast toast or snack crackers.
Peanuts are low in fat, high in fiber, and rich in iron and proteins.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Peanuts-1/2 cup
- Red chillies-2-3num
- Garlic-2-3pods (optional)
- Tamarind pulp-1tsp
- Black pepper-6-7corns
- mint -10leaves
- Coriander- Handful fresh leaves
- Salt-as per taste
- Mustard seeds-1/2tsp
- Urad dal-1/2tsp
- Curry leaves-few
- In a pan dry roast peanuts till nice aroma rises and they turn slightly brown.
- Once peanuts are roasted transfer it to the bowl and set aside, in the same pan saute red chillies,garlic ,pepper corns, tamarind for 2-3minutes and let it cool down.
- As the peanuts and the chilli –garlic cools down grind it to the smooth paste, finally add mint, coriander , salt and give it a pulse until it blends.
- Then heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds as it splutters add asafoetida, urad dal,curry leaves and add it to chutney mix well .
Serve with idlis/ dosas/ rotis.
- While roasting peanuts heat the kadai and roast on medium low flame to ensure even roasting.
- I haven’t removed the skin of peanuts but if you wish to can remove the skin / use skinless peanuts