Ragi wheat mint chapathi/roti
I love using whole wheat flour as a base for flatbreads and these beauties are just as tasty as they are fun to look at. They’re layered with a mint for the fresh flavour and adding millet flour adds additional fiber and nutrition. However this flatbread can also made with just whole wheat flour. Enjoy this with your favourite curry/sabzi/dips.
Millet as its ability to protect your heart health, protect yourself from diabetes, improve your digestive system, lower your risk of cancer, detoxify the body, boost respiratory health, optimize your immune system, increase your energy levels, and improve your muscle and nerve health.
Mint has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any food. Learning how to use fresh herbs and spices like mint when cooking can also help to cut down on sodium intake.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Cooking time-20 minutes
- Whole wheat flour/atta-1cup
- Ragi/millet flour-1/2cup
- Finely chopped mint -1/2cup (tightly packed)
- Salt- to taste
- Warm water-1/2-3/4cup (or as required to knead a dough)
- Combine wheat flour, millet flour, salt in a mixing bowl-mix well.
- To this stir in chopped mint, add warm water little by little and knead to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a muslin cloth/kitchen towel and let it set for 20-30minutes.
- When ready divide the dough into equal golf size balls.
- Take one dough at a time. Press the dough with fingers first and sprinkle wheat flour on it.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin until it becomes thin and flat.
- Heat the pan/skillet and Cook the chapathi on both sides until light brown spots appears.
- Repeat with the remaining dough balls.
- Remove to the plate and serve with