Brown and Red rice set dosa/Crepes
Set dosas are soft, spongy and fluffy which is cooked on one side. It is served in a set of 2/3. These dosas/crepes are slightly thick in size and are served with delicious chutney and saagu. It is one of the most stomach filling or even a balanced meal that can be eaten for brunch/breakfast.
The basic ingredients involved in preparing set dosa batter are Rice, urad dal along with par-boiled rice, methi seeds and poha.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Brown rice- 1 cup
- Red rice- 1 cup
- Poha/Aval/Pressed rice-3/4 cup
- Urad dal-1/4 cup
- Fenugreek seeds-1 tsp
- Channa dal-2 tbsp
- Baking Soda- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Wash and rinse thoroughly brown rice, red rice, Urad dal, Fenugreek seeds, Channa dal and soak with enough water for 5 – 6 hours.
- Wash and Soak Flattened rice 1 hour before blending
- Drain water from soaked dals and rice(retain the drained water, which can be used while blending)
- Place dal, rice mixture and poha in a blender to make it to a smooth batter.
- Cover and let it ferment for 8hours/ overnight.
For making dosas:
- Take the fermented batter add in salt, soda and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick griddle/tawa brushes some oil.
- Now pour ladle full of batter on it and do not spread and let it spread by itself like a thick pancake.
- Cover and cook on a medium heat until its golden brown.
- Flip it over to the other side and let it cook for a min.
- Remove from hob and transfer it to a serving plate.
Serve hot with Peanut chutney (Recipe link)
It can be served with Sagoo (Recipe link)
- You can use white rice instead of brown rice
- You can serve hot crepes with Butter for an added taste