Flaxseed chutney powder
I tried to prepare a spice powder with these flax seeds and it was a hit in my family. Try it yourself and taste the health and deliciousness. And it involves very simple and fast preparation.
Flax is an ancient global food crop as well as a source of textile fiber and linseed oil.
The seed of the plant is highly nutritious, supplying generous amounts of protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
Yields ~ 250 gms
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time-15 minutes
- Flaxseed- 1/2cup
- Dry red chillies-8-10 num
- Curry leaves-1 sprigs
- Garlic-2-3 c loves
- Salt- to taste
- In a heavy bottom pan – dry roast almonds on a medium flame until roasted and transfer to a plate.
- And now in the same pan add chilli, garlic pods, curry leaves and roast till the leaves are crisp and flavour comes.
- After that allow there ingredients to cool for a while and then in a blender/food processor first blend chilli, garlic, curry leaves to a coarse powder.
- Then add roasted almonds, flaxseed, salt and grind it to a fine powder.
- And the flavourful chutney powder is ready.
Serve with hot steamed rice OR Idli OR Dosa
- Almonds takes a bit longer time compared to flax seeds so roasting separately helps in even roasting.
- And make sure to roast in a medium low flame
- Peanuts can be used in place of Almonds