Chocolate coated Corn flakes and nuts
This is an easy peasy childrens party classic, dessert just as delicious to eat, and they are rich and decadent and very satisfying, so don’t get too ambitious about how many you can eat. These are brilliant for when you want to make quick sweet treat with available basic cupboard ingredients.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Chilling/setting time- 30 minutes
- Plain corn flakes-1cup
- Dark cooking chocolate (70%)-150gms
- Roughly chopped nuts-1/4cup ( I used pistachio, cashews, almonds)
- Sunflower spread-1tbsp (can substitute with butter)
- Line a baking tray with a parchment paper or line the muffin tray with muffin cases and set aside.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces -put in a bowl and place this bowl over a pan of boiling water (alternatively can melt in microwave) and stir continuously, when melted remove from heat.
- Add the cornflakes, nuts to the melted chocolate, using a wide spatula, quickly and gently fold in until the cornflakes are evenly coated.
- With a dessert spoon, scoop out spoonful either into a lined baking tray/into muffin cases.
- Allow to cool and then refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- I used nuts here but Feel free to include any dried fruits or even just cornflakes with sprinkler a colourful sprinkler will do to attract kids.
- Regular butter/vegetable oil can be used alternatively to sunflower spread.
- If you are a sweet lover feel free to include sweetener/ alternatively dark chocolate can be replaced with milk chocolate.
- For an added crunchiness use roasted cornflakes instead of plain cornflakes