Oats – Semolina/Rava roti
Semolina/Sooji/Rava roti is an instant breakfast recipe which can be done without any pre-planning, soaking or fermenting batter. Here semolina is combined with oats and rice flour. This Roti is usually made with 100% white rice flour. As a variation have added Oats and Semolina, which made the Roti’s soft and healthy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 mins (approx. 2-3 minutes/roti) Ingredients:
- Fine semolina-1cup
- Ground oats-1/2cup
- Rice flour-1/4cup
- Grated carrot-2num
- Finely chopped onion-1num
- Minced green chilli-2tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste-2tsp
- Finely chopped fresh coriander-2 handful
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- to toast rotis
- Boil 2 ½-3 cups of water in a sauce pan.
- Add semolina, powdered oats, rice flour, grated carrots, onion, minced green chilli, ginger-garlic paste, salt in a large bowl mix well until well combined.
- Add hot water and mix using the spoon until the water is warm enough to touch.
- Once warm enough to tough knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Heat the griddle/tawa.
- Cut the wax paper into rectangle/circle as per the size of the griddle.
- Grease the wax paper and take one portion of the dough ball place it on the greased wax paper and pat it into thin round roti with your fingers.
- Once done place the wax paper dough facing the griddle. Let it cook for a minute.
- Now flip the wax paper off the griddle, apply oil on the roti and flip to the other side.
- Once both sides are well cooked, take it out
- Serve hot with choice of dips:
- The dough should not be thick/hard it needs a bit soft enough to spread.
- Using hot water makes the dough soft.
- Grated cabbage, cucumber can be included in the dough.
- You can use rolling pin to roll them but make sure to dust some dry flour and roll it