Instant vegetable Dosa/Pancakes – Chickpea flour
This dosa/pancake is a tasty healthy, fluffy pancakes and is perfect for a quick breakfast that can be served with any dips/chutney of your choice. They’re a fantastic way to sneak in more vegetables to your meal.
These savory pancakes are easy and will be a perfect side to any southwest meal and makes a wonderful breakfast too.
Yields: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Chickpea/Gram/Besan flour-2 cups
- Rice flour-1/2 cup
- Grated cucumber-1/2 cup
- Grated cauliflower-1/4cup
- Grated broccoli-1/4cup
- Finely chopped onion-1medium
- Natural yogurt-1/2cup
- Minced ginger-1/2inch
- Carom seeds/ajwain-2tsp (can substitute with cumin seeds)
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil –for greasing
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients-chickpea flour, rice flour, salt, chilli powder, carom seeds.
- In other bowl whisk yogurt, 1cup of water into a smooth to this stir in dry ingredients to a smooth lump-free batter. (add in extra water if the batter if required)
- Add the veggies –cauliflower, broccoli, cucumber, onion, minced ginger and mix to combine.
- Heat a non-stick pan and drop a ladle full of batter on a greased hot pan.
- Press and spread to even out into a thick pancakes and cook both sides until golden brown (approx2-3minutes)
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Transfer the pancake to a serving plate and serve hot with yogurt dippings/ dips.
- Any vegetables of choice can be used as a variation.
Posted on June 21, 2015, in Breakfast, Indian, Main dish and tagged besan dosa.., chilla began dosa, Gluten free breakfast recipe; Gluten free Indian recipes;, instant dosa, kadale hittu dosa, karada dosa, no ferment no soak dosa, vegetable began dosa. Bookmark the permalink. 33 Comments.