This dip is very unique and incredible. The coconut with the cilantro is amazing together.
Eating coconuts are excellent for one’s immunity. They are antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-parasitic, meaning they kill harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites. Coconut in any form will help treat some of mankinds worst and most resilient of illnesses such as influenza, giardia, lice, throat infections, urinary tract infections, tapeworms, herpes, gonorrhoea, bronchitis, and numerous other ailments caused by microbial.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Cooking time-5 minutes
- Desiccated coconut-1/2cup
- Roasted dalia/pappu- 2tbsp
- Green chillies-1-2 (as per spice preferred)
- Tamarind pulp-2tsp
- Fresh coriander /cilantro- a handfull
- Salt- to taste
- Mustard seeds-1tsp
- Curry leaves-8-10
- Red chilli-1
- Combine coconut, roasted dalia, green chilli, tamarind pulp, fresh coriander, salt in a blender/food processor and whizz until crushed.
- Add some water about ½-3/4cup (depending on the consistency) and blend to a smooth chutney and transfer to a bowl.
- In a small pan, bring oil to heat, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chilli and as they splutter, turn off the flame and pour over the chutney.
- Mix well and serve