Bhindi/Okra/Ladies Finger – Raita/Dip
Bhindi raita brings a nice variation to the typical raita by adding shallow fried okra to the beaten curd mixture. Roasted coconut flakes gives the crunchiness to the dish and sesame seeds add nutty flavour.
Yields: 2-3 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Okra/bhindi/Ladies finger -250 gms
- Dry coconut flakes-2tbsp
- Cumin powder-1/2tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/4tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Chopped coriander- for garnish
- Wash the whole bhindi and dry in a clean kitchen towel/tissue
- Cut into thin rings and set aside.
- Dry roast coconut flakes and sesame seeds in a non-stick pan and transfer it to a plate and set aside.
- Now in the same pan heat oil add okra/bhindi and fry on a medium high flame until tender and crisp and allow it cool a bit.
- Whisk the curd/yogurt in a bowl till smooth
- Add chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, fried bhindi and mix well.
- Garnish raita with coconut flakes, sesame seeds and chopped coriander.
Serve with Mixed Sprouts Biryani
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste.
- Using coconut flakes and sesame seeds are optional.
Posted on June 20, 2015, in Dips, Indian and tagged bachelor's recipe, Bhindi dip, Chitras healthy kitchen, diabetic friendly dips, drchdietfood, Healthy dips for Rotis, Indian dips, okra yogurt dip., photo styling, yogurt dip/ accompaniment. Bookmark the permalink. 27 Comments.