Orange Ice Tea
Ice tea is a very versatile drink and it goes as an accompaniment with nearly all meal courses. You can choose to have ice tea with breakfast, lunch or dinner, whether you are having Indian or continental food. In fact it is better to have ice tea rather than other aerated drinks.
Orange juice is considered one of the healthiest beverages because of its wide range of health benefits, which include its ability to boost immune system function, reduce signs of aging, protect against cancer, boost cellular repair and metabolism, detoxify the body, improve circulation, improves blood pressure, reduces inflammation, and lowers cholesterol levels.
Preparation time-5 minutes
Cooking time- 5 minutes
- Water-1 cup
- Fresh orange juice- 1 ½-2 cups
- Honey/maple syrup- 1-2tbsp (or as sweet desired)
- Tea bag-1
- Mint leaves/ basil leaves
- Ice cubes
For tea decoction:
- Add water in a pan and add tea bag and bring to a boil.
- Once it comes boil reduce the heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Strain and keep aside and cool.
- Add half of the tea in the glass, fill with orange juice.
- Add honey/maple syrup stir well.
- Add lots of mint/basil and serve chilled.
- The concentration of tea can be personalised as per the taste.
- Can substitute honey/maple syrup with sugar or any sweetener of choice.
- Sweetness can be adjusted as sweet desired and also it varies depending on the sweetness of orange juice.
- I used freshly squeezed orange juice here- store bought can also be used alternatively.
Posted on June 19, 2015, in Juices/Beverages and tagged easy citrus tea, iced orange drink, low ingredients citrus tea..., nò- sugar tea, summer drinks, Summer homemade juices, tea photo styling. Bookmark the permalink. 33 Comments.