Mint and Indian gooseberry (Amla) dip/spread
This is spread/dip/chutney prepared using amla,mint and coriander leaves. Here the taste of Amla dominates much and you can adjust the quantity as per taste. This can be served as a dip for idly, dosa/crepes and can be used as a spread for sandwich/burgers as it is a healthy alternative to creamy dip/spreads. It can even be used in chaats.
Amla is rich in Vitamin C, enhances immunity; reduces inflammation and good for the skin too
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Amla/Indian gooseberry – 6 (Washed, Deseeded and Chopped)
- Mint leaves- 1cup (Tightly packed)
- Coriander leaves-1/2cup
- Green chilli-2num
- Salt- as per taste
- Lemon juice-2tsp
- Combine all the ingredients in the mixer/blender and blend it to the fine paste by adding little water.
- Store in a airtight container.
Serve with Vegetable Instant Dosa
- You can reduce the quantity of Amla as per taste
- It can be steamed for 5minutes in microwave to reduce the tanginess of Amla.
Posted on June 25, 2015, in Dips, Indian and tagged Amla Spread, Chitras healthy kitchen, diabetic dip, drchdietfood, Healthy dip, Healthy dip for snacks, low- fat accompaniment..., rice accompaniment. Bookmark the permalink. 36 Comments.