Roasted Babypotato skins loaded with avocado black eye bean – Vegan
The baby potatoes are roasted until they’re browned and a little crunchy, then topped with the fresh bean-avocado filling.They were amazing. And you 100% have to serve them or bring them to your Super Bowl party. People will be singing your praises all year long.
These crispy, one-bite snacks—which are just a fancier take on chips and healthy filling—are perfect for guilt-free snacks.
Serves – 3 to 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
- Cooked Black eye beans-1/2cup
- Finely chopped red onion-1medium
- Finely chopped tomato-1medium
- Chopped spinach- a handful (optional) +for garnish
- Lemon/lime juice-1-2tbsp
- Salt- to taste
For roasting potatoes:
- Baby potatos-500gms
- Olive oil-for coating
- Salt- to taste
- Garlic powder-1/4tsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg C. lines the baking tray with baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut each potato in half and using a melon baller or sharp spoon scoop out the inside of the potato leaving about 1/4inch border.
- Put scooped potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and toss well.
- Place tossed potatoes on a prepared baking sheet and put in a pre-heated oven for about 20-25minutes, flipping once until they are tender. Allow it to cool a bit.
Meanwhile prepare the filling:
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado, drizzle some lemon juice and roughly mash them using the back of the spatula/potato masher.
- Then add in the chopped tomatoes, onion, spinach, cooked beans, salt, paprika and stir until combined.
- Scoop a small spoonful of filling mixture into each roasted potato cup.
Garnish with chopped spinach/ cilantro and serve.
- Best served immediately.
- Filling can be personalised with your favourite combo of veggies.