Quesadillas stuffed with Spinach, Cocobeans and Potatos
Quesadillas or tacos? Quesadillas as I toasted it from outside and tacos because of its filling without cheese…Quesadillas, literally queso tortillas in Spanish, originated in Mexico, along with so many other tasty things. Although in this recipe Quesadillas are stuffed with beans and dipped in salsa, they don’t always feature traditional Mexican flavors. I haven’t used any cheese here as potato itself has enough starch so tried to avoid it. Feel free to include cheese if desired.
Preparation time-25 minutes
Cooking time-15-20 minutes
- Whole wheat tortillas-4
- Sliced onion-for serving
- Sliced tomatoes- for serving
- Olive oil for greasing
- Homemade tomato chilli sauce to spread (For an added spiciness)
- Potato-2 medium
- Chopped red onion-1medium
- Chopped spinach- 1cup +for topping
- Cooked rose cocoa bean/any bean of choice- 1cup
- Crushed black pepper, salt- to taste
- Boil water in pan and cook potatoes until tender (appro-15-20minutes)
- Meanwhile heat oil in a medium saucepan, add onion and sauté for a minute.
- Add in spinach, cooked bean ,paprika and saute for another minute or two.
- Add ground pepper, salt turn off the flame and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cooked remove the skin and transfer to a bowl, use a fork to mash potato and add this to the sautéed onion-spinach- bean mixture and mix well until combined.
- Prepare Tortillas (Recipe link)
- Now place tortillas on the hot pan over medium low flame
- Spread a tablespoon of chilli tomato sauce (Recipe link)
- Then Spread the potato –spinach-bean filling on one half of the tortillas
- Top with spinach, onion, tomatoes (feel free to add some cheese if desired), fold the other half over filling, pressing to compact and brush some oil over.
- Cook on the skillet for about 2-3 minutes each side.
Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
Transfer to the serving plate, slice into 2 and serve with salsa/any dip of choice.
- Filling can be personalised as per the taste by adding any veggies or bean of choice and even can skip bean.