Whole wheat wraps/tortillas
I usually used to buy whole wheat tortillas because I knew they had to be better for our family than white flour tortillas, but when I really looked at the ingredient list, I paused.
Some of the tortillas I thought were okay had high fructose corn syrup, over 400 mg of sodium, and ingredients I could not pronounce. This was not the kind of food I wanted to feed my family.
So that forced me to try tortillas/wraps at home.
Quantity- 4- 5 tortillas
Preparation time-5-7 minutes
Total time-25-30 minutes
- Whole wheat flour-1cup
- Warm water -1/2cup ( or as required to form the soft dough)
- Swift the flour in the bowl & add salt; Mix them
- Now form the well in the centre and add the water slowly stirring until the dough comes together.
- Add extra water if required.
- Shift the dough on to the counter and knead for about 4-5minutes.
- Return to the bowl and let it rest for 15-20minutes covered.
- Now divide the dough into 4-5 equal sized balls.
- Roll each ball into circle (roll it into the thin circle)
- Heat the pan/tawa over high heat and drop the rolled circle on to the pan; Let it cook until bubble forms-say about 1minute
- Flip over and cook for another minute, pressing down with the spatula.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
Serve this immediately or store in the fridge using air tight container