Spiced lemon tea
Spiced Lemon tea is such a refreshing drink and am sure everyone would have tried and tasted the plain version but this tea has different spices like cinnamon, clove, cardamom are often added to the modern version of the drink, The spiced version of tea is healthier and even more refreshing with best flavors and pleasing aroma
Each spice has a very benefiting feature, like cinnamon helps to get reduce cholesterol and controls sugar by increasing the production of insulin, it is the natural preservative and has anti-microbial properties, also can help get rid of migraines and head-aches.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Lemon juice-1tbsp + a slice for garnishing
- Tea powder-1tsp Or as per strong preferred)
- Honey/maple syrup-as per taste
- Cinnamon-1” stick
- Cardamom pods-2
- Roughly crush cardamom, cinnamon, clove using mortar and pestle and set aside
- Heat water in a saucepan add crushed spices and let it boil for about 4-5minutes
- Then add the tea powder and continue to boil for a minutes and remove from flame.
- Strain the tea using strainer, stir in lemon juice, maple syrup/honey.
Serve hot or cold.
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste.
- Alternatively tea bag can also be used in place of tea powder.
I am bringing this recipe to Kimmy’s HVF # 33