Parsley peanut pesto
This is perfect for vegans! I use this pesto sauce for pasta, pizza base, as sandwich spread, as dip for crunchy veggies like carrot, cucumber and celery, and as salad sauce! One sauce, multi-purpose.. love it!
Parsley is a totally underrated superfood that boosts the immune system and boasts anti-inflammatory properties, and I love to use pesto as a vehicle to get more of it into my diet.
Preparation time-5 minutes
- Roasted unsalted peanuts-1/2cup
- Garlic clove-1
- Olive oil-1tbsp +for garnish
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper-1/4tsp
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until desired consistency is reached.
- Mix in hot pasta, use as a sandwich spread, pizza spread or in crepes as I did (recipe link).
- Can skip walnuts and use just peanuts or any nuts alternatively.