Parsley peanut pesto
This is perfect for vegans! I use this pesto sauce for pasta, pizza base, as sandwich spread, as dip for crunchy veggies like carrot, cucumber and celery, and as salad sauce! One sauce, multi-purpose.. love it!
Parsley is a totally underrated superfood that boosts the immune system and boasts anti-inflammatory properties, and I love to use pesto as a vehicle to get more of it into my diet.
Preparation time-5 minutes
- Roasted unsalted peanuts-1/2cup
- Garlic clove-1
- Olive oil-1tbsp +for garnish
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper-1/4tsp
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until desired consistency is reached.
- Mix in hot pasta, use as a sandwich spread, pizza spread or in crepes as I did (recipe link).
- Can skip walnuts and use just peanuts or any nuts alternatively.
Posted on February 12, 2015, in Dips, International, Vegan. Bookmark the permalink. 13 Comments.
I totally agree about parsley, I love it and eat it all the time incorporated in salads, on sandwiches, garnish for food, in food and condiments. It’s wonderful and I love your pesto.
Thanks Suzanne for your support
Reblogged this on Your Gateway to Health and commented:
Here is a super simple, healthy and tasty dip, spread or topping. Grab your favorite crackers, veggie sticks, or just enjoy as an alternative to your chip dip.
Thank you for your support
LikeLiked by 1 person
Parsley and peanut nice combo…Looks delicious!!!
This looks so good!! I would smother everything in it. LOL
Thank you so much…
Waw! This is one beautifully combined dinner that is fun to make, so healthy & amazing too! xxx
Pingback: Instant Quiona dosa stuffed with roasted veggies (Oats, Red and Brown rice) | Chitra's Healthy Kitchen