Granola No bake bars (Grab n Go Snack)
Granola bars are one of my favorite grab-n-go snack foods. They’re easy to pack, store well and can give you a much needed energy boost when you’re out. Plus, they tend to be a little bit healthier than something like a jumbo chocolate chip cookie, which is also a favorite treat.
Homemade granola bars are quite easy to make and definitely fit the bill for a tasty snack. I recommend making a batch of these bars on the weekend and storing them in the fridge to enjoy as a balanced, nutritious snack all week long. These healthy no-bake granola bars are the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack and will keep you satisfied until your next meal. Yields: Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Ingredients:
- Rolled oats-2cups
- Sunflower spread-2-3tbsp
- Sunflower seeds-2tbsp
- Pumpkin seeds-2tbsp
- Chia seeds-2tbsp
- Hemp seeds-2tbsp
- Agave nectar-1/2cup
- Dates-1cup (pitted)
- Chopped dried apricots-1/2cup
- Add the dates into the food processor and process until they are completely crushed and form a thick paste.
Roasting oats and seeds:
- Roasting can be done in oven or on the stove top.
For stove top roasting:
- Dry roast the seeds in a pan over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes/until slightly golden.
- Transfer to a bowl and again in the same pan roast oats for next 4-5 minutes oven medium-low heat and transfer to the bowl with seeds and set aside.
For oven roasting:
- Pre-heat the oven at 160deg C, line the baking tray with parchment paper/baking sheet and spread the oats, seeds (hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flaxseeds) for 8-10 minutes or until they are slightly golden.
- Once roasted transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the sunflower spread and dates paste over low heat 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and then add agave nectar mix well.
- Pour into the mixing bowl where oats and seeds are places and mix well.
- Line a 8×8 baking pan with wax paper or plastic wrap and press the mixture into the pan until it’s flat and evenly distributed.
- Cool completely for 1-2 hours either at room temperature or in the fridge for an hour
- And the chop to bars and serve or store in the airtight container in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Feel free to include the nuts if desired and combination of seeds can be personalised as per the taste.
- Honey/maple syrup can also be used alternatively to agave nectar.