Aubergine Tomato Pasta – Cooked
The dish is full of that unmistakable aubergine flavour. Perfectly complimented by tangines of tomatoes. Result is one of sublime deliciousness.
Aubergines/Egg plants are full of vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre and with the potential to lower cholesterol and help manage weight. It also helps to prevent cancer and lowering cholesterol.
Cooking time: 35- 40 minutes
• Whole wheat pasta- 400 gms
• Olive oil- 3tbsp+ for coating the aubergine
• Onion chopped – 1 num
• Chopped Tomato – 4 medium
• Aubergine sliced -1 big
• Low fat Mozzarella cheese-50 gms or as required
• Garlic crushed- 4 cloves
• Chilli flakes- 1 tsp
• Dried Italian herbs- 1 tsp
• Crushed white pepper- 1/2 tsp
• Salt – as per taste
• Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until it is cooked. Drain and set aside.
• Heat oil in a saucepan add onion, crushed garlic and saute until tender for about 3-4 minutes.
• Then add Tomatoes and cook until mushy.
Add sliced aubergines and continue to cook until it is tender ~ 5 – 6 minutes.
Then add cooked Pasta mix well until coated with the sauce.
Serve as is by drizzing some dried herbs
OR Serve with melted cheese follow:
Sprinkle grated cheese and simmer until cheese melts
• Aubergine can be chopped small if you don’t like big chunks in your dish.