Carrot mug cake – Microwave (Eggless)
If your cake is a healthy, guilt-free on top made in microwave mug. Healthy mug cake recipes that you can whip up in minutes – AND still stay on track with your diet and lifestyle.
I love carrot cake so tried to use the same combo in my mug cake with my favourite pistachio. A few tablespoons of ingredients whisked up in a mug and baked in the microwave for less time than it takes to make popcorn. makes the perfect amount for one person. No overindulging and no wasting!!!
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time-3 minutes
- Wheat flour-6 tbsp
- Baking powder-1/4tsp
- Salt- small pinch
- Ground cinnamon-1/4tsp
- Ground nutmeg-1/4tsp
- Grated carrot-1 small
- Roughly chopped pistachio-8-10
- Olive oil/butter-2tbsp
- Honey-3-4tbsp (adjust as sweet desired)
- Vanilla essence-2tsp
- Hot water-1-2tbsp (or as per the batter consistency)
- Grease the coffee mug and set aside.
- Combine wheat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, salt mix well.
- In other bowl whish together wet ingredients.
- Now fold in wet ingredients over dry ingredients to form a pouring consistency batter (add in hot water as desired)
- Add chopped pistachio, grated carrot mix well and pour the mixture into the greased mug.
- Microwave for 2- 2 1/2 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clear.
Let it cool a bit and then Enjoy.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the watts of the microwave so keep an eye for every 30seconds after a minute.
- Honey can be substituted with brown sugar/stevia or any sweetener of choice.
- Pistachio can be replaced with walnuts/almonds or any nuts of choice.
Posted on March 27, 2015, in Dessert, International. Bookmark the permalink. 21 Comments.
Wow, awesome recipe Chitra!!! I usually make the one min mug cake with APF, never tried wheat flour, also addition of carrot superb!!!
Carrots are delicious.. I’ll have to try this one!…
Happy weekend ahead, Aquileana ⭐
Thanks Aquileana. Await to hear from you
~is it paleo? 😀
I can say Yes to an extent..Carrot is used… I didn;t think so when I made it..Thanks for reminding me 🙂
Looks delicious! I love mug cakes, this variation sounds tasty 🙂
Thanks June. Glad you liked it
Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.
An eggless cake? Really? You are my hero, Chitra! I’m allergic to eggs…
Huge hugs. 🙂
I am so glad to hear that…We don’t use eggs at home so it is a challenge to make some dishes like Cake…However always look for egg replacements..it does work like a magic…So glad you liked this recipe
Love making mug cakes never tried carrot, great idea and it looks really delicious!!
Thanks Suzanne. It cameout well though it is eggless and made of whole wheat
Carrot cake looks delish
Tried to make my daughter happy…Thank you
Chitra I love mug cakes and this one is great with using yogurt!!! YUM!!
thanks Amy nice to hear that.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Have had mug cakes before, but never carrot! This looks fantastic and I can’t wait to try it. Breakfast anyone? 😉
Me in Liz…Hope you’ll like it