Carrot mug cake – Microwave (Eggless)
If your cake is a healthy, guilt-free on top made in microwave mug. Healthy mug cake recipes that you can whip up in minutes – AND still stay on track with your diet and lifestyle.
I love carrot cake so tried to use the same combo in my mug cake with my favourite pistachio. A few tablespoons of ingredients whisked up in a mug and baked in the microwave for less time than it takes to make popcorn. makes the perfect amount for one person. No overindulging and no wasting!!!
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time-3 minutes
- Wheat flour-6 tbsp
- Baking powder-1/4tsp
- Salt- small pinch
- Ground cinnamon-1/4tsp
- Ground nutmeg-1/4tsp
- Grated carrot-1 small
- Roughly chopped pistachio-8-10
- Olive oil/butter-2tbsp
- Honey-3-4tbsp (adjust as sweet desired)
- Vanilla essence-2tsp
- Hot water-1-2tbsp (or as per the batter consistency)
- Grease the coffee mug and set aside.
- Combine wheat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, salt mix well.
- In other bowl whish together wet ingredients.
- Now fold in wet ingredients over dry ingredients to form a pouring consistency batter (add in hot water as desired)
- Add chopped pistachio, grated carrot mix well and pour the mixture into the greased mug.
- Microwave for 2- 2 1/2 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clear.
Let it cool a bit and then Enjoy.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the watts of the microwave so keep an eye for every 30seconds after a minute.
- Honey can be substituted with brown sugar/stevia or any sweetener of choice.
- Pistachio can be replaced with walnuts/almonds or any nuts of choice.