This pudding is super simple to make. It only takes few minutes to prepare and then can be enjoyed hot or cold . You can also make it ahead of time, even the day before if needed. You wouldn’t want to miss out on dessert, right? comfort dessert with just basic ingredients- apple, milk powder, sweetener, milk and makes up this tasty and wonderful dessert.
Apples are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals to keep your little ones healthy. Most children enjoy apples, so give your kids a nutritious and delicious snack that will keep them healthy now and into adulthood.
Yields: 2-3 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Apples- 3 large
- Sunflower spread/ butter- 2-3tbsp
- Stevia/fruit sugar- 3-4tbsp (can be substituted with sugar)
- Skimmed Milk powder-1/4cup
- Cardamom powder-1/2tsp
- Chopped nuts (almonds, pistachio, cashews)
- Wash and grate apples (I used with peels on- feel free to peel if desired)
- Dissolve milk powder in milk and set aside.
- Heat sunflower spread/butter in a pan add grated apples and cook until the water evaporates. (approx. 7-8 minutes)
- Now add stevia/fruit sugar dissolved milk powder along with milk.
- Continue to cook stirring continuously again until milk evaporated and the halwa thickens.
- Finally stir in cardamom powder, chopped nuts.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- It can be served hot with a dallop of ice cream.
- Sweetness can be personalised as per the taste.
- Quantity of sweetener may vary depending on the taste of apple.