If you want to have quick pizza then you give this recipe a try. I created this really quick and easy recipe mainly keeping kids in mind. I used whole wheat buns, you can use buns of choice. Just toast the bun, then load it up with sauce, cheese and healthy toppings!
Yields-make 4 bun pizza
Preparation time-10 minutes
Cooking Or Baking time – 10 Minutes
- Whole meal burger buns- 4
- Pizza sauce-1/4cup
- Finely Chopped onion-1 small
- Chopped tomatoes- 1medium
- Finely chopped bell peppers-1/2medium
- Finely chopped Pineapple chunks- a handful
- Sliced olives-4-5 (Optional)
- Grated light mozzarella cheese
- Salt, pepper-to taste
- Dried oregano
- Heat oil in a skillet and add onion, bell peppers, tomatoes and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in some salt, pepper, pineapple chunks and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan/tawa on a medium heat- cut buns into half and toast the inner surface of the two halves on the hot pan over medium heat until toasted.
- Flip and spread pizza sauce, sauted veggies along with pineapple chunks, sprinkle some cheese, olives cover and cook until cheese melts on a very low flame.
- Once cheese melts take off the flame- season with some oregano.
For oven baking:
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 deg C (fan assisted). Line the baking tray and set aside.
- Cut buns into half, Spread pizza sauce on each half of the bun, top with sauted veggies along with pineapple chunks drizzle some cheese, olives and arrange on the lined baking tray.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes/until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle some oregano and serve hot.
- If cooking pizza on tawa make sure to toast it on a low-flame for even cooking.
- Toppings can be personalised as per the taste.