Carrot Truffles- Natural and No bake
10 minutes and 1 bowl is all you need to whip up these healthy No-Bake Carrot Cake Energy Bites. These no-bake protein balls are sweet, nutty, soft and they’re cake-like without any flour. Made with raw carrots, dates, figs, almonds, and unsweetened coconut.
These vegan and gluten-free bites are a cinch to whip up in your food processor. Even without the cream cheese frosting, their warm flavor will satisfy your sweet tooth while filling your belly and offering your body the energy it needs to exercise or get through that late-afternoon meeting.
Yields ~ 15 truffles
Preparation time- 10 minutes
- Shredded carrot-3
- Chopped figs-1/4 cup
- Chopped dates-1/4 cup
- Almonds-1/4 cup
- Cashew-1/4 cup
- Cardamom ground – 1/4 tsp
- Desiccated Or Grated Dry Coconut – 1/4 to 1/2 cup to bind depending on the consistency.
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut-1/4 cup (for rolling)
- Add almonds, cashew, dates, figs, Cardamom to the food processor and grind for 3-4 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- When the mixture sticks together well, scoop out the mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add the grated carrot, Coconut powder and mix thoroughly. (If the mixture appear sticky add some more coconut powder)
- The mixture should be thick enough to form truffles. (You can seek your kids help- they will love to do it)
- Form the mixture into balls and roll each one in the desiccated coconut and place on a clean cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate them for atleast 30 minutes-to an hour to form the truffles in a desired shape.
- Desiccated Coconut can be replaced with Grated dry coconut or even with additonal ground nuts.
- If Carrot is Juicy then only you require Coconut for binding otherwise nuts powder is sufficient to bind OR Squeeze out liquid of carrot before adding ground nut mixture.
- To retain nutrients of Carrot have not squeezed out the liquid
- Sweetners can be added as desired
- Almonds and cashew can be substituted with nuts of choice.