SPB (Strawberry Pomegranate Basil) drink
A refreshing smoothie that’ll hit on these hot summer days. Strawberry, Lemon and Pomegranate come together to make cooling down a breeze and oh so delicious with basil flavour.
I thought there really was no better way to kick off summer than with fresh homemade strawberry-pom basil drink. it’s sweet, sour and so thirst quenching.
Holy basil (known as Tulsi) has been used for centuries in Ayurveda, a traditional Indian system of medicine, as a treatment for gastric, hepatic, respiratory and inflammatory disorders as well as a remedy for headache, fever, anxiety, convulsions, nausea and hypertension
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Strawberry-400 gms
- Pomegranate seeds – 1 cup
- Basil/tulsi leaves-8-10
- Fruit sugar/any sweetener-2-3 tbsp
- Lemon juice- from half lemon
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Put hulled strawberries, Pomegranate seeds, Sweetener, Basil leaves, lemon juice in a blender/food processor and pulse until smooth. Adjust the thickness by adding some water and pulse again.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Serve immediately with some Ice or transfer it to a large bottle and refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Store the left out juice in the refrigerator and consume within 2-3 days.
- Sweetness can be personalised as per the taste.
- Basil can be substituted with mint.