Chocolate Mini Pizza Pop on Stove top/Tawa : (Yeast free dough)
This is a very simple and easy chocolate dessert pizza recipe that kids will surely enjoy making on their own. I tried to bake this on the tawa as we do for Indian flat breas like Naan/Kulcha, only thing is it has to be cooked in low flame for even cooking and kids will love them.
This is great for Kids parties and they will have a blast, sampling all their favourite toppings of fruits/nuts/candies.
Yields- 4-5 pizza pops
Preparation time-15 minutes
Resting time-1 ½-2 hours
Cooking time-10-12 minutes or Baking time-13-15 minutes
For Pizza dough:
- Whole Wheat flour- 1 1/2cup
- Salt- 1tsp
- Olive oil-2tbsp+for brushing
- Yogurt- 1/2cup
- Warm water – for kneading the dough
- Cooking choco chips-100gms
- Vegetable oil-1tbsp
- Chopped mixed nuts- as required
- Sliced fruits (strawberry, kiwi)
- Lemon juice- for brushing
- Any fruits and nuts of choice
- Pop sticks/ skewers
- Combine flour, salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre, add olive oil, yogurt mix well, then add warm water little at a time to make soft dough.
- Transfer the dough to the lightly floured surface and knead for 4-5 minutes.
- Place the dough in the greased bowl, wrap with the cling film and let it rest for 1 ½-2 hours.
- After resting time roll the dough on the floured surface and with the help of the large cookie cutter or ring mould cut out as many discs as you can.
- Make a ball with the remaining dough scraps, roll out again of each disk with a fork pierce the dough and brush some olive oil over the discs and cover with cling film and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
For cooking in pan/stove top:
- Heat a pan/ iron skillet over medium and place the 2-3 (depending on the size of the pizza) and cook on a low flame (slightly higher than simmer) , press with the spatula into the pan and cook for 5-6minutes/until golden brown
- Flip and cook on the other side again for 5-6 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven for 210 deg C (fan assisted), line the baking tray and set aside.
- Place the rolled pizza discs on the lined baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes/ until the crust is crisp and pale golden brown.
- Once baked/cooked transfer on to the working surface/cooling rack allow it to cool a bit.
- For pops- pierce the pop sticks slowly into the baked pizza half way through the pizza and set aside.
For chocolate sauce:
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips, 2tabllespoon milk, oil over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until chocolate is melted, remove from heat. Whisk until glossy and spreadable.
- Spread chocolate sauce over the pizza base.
- Immediately sprinkle nuts/ fruits.
- Let it stand until set.
- If cooking on skillet make sure to cook on a low flame for even cooking.
- For the crust, you can use regular pizza dough or go with the cookie dough as well
- I used yeast free dough and baked them both in oven and on the skillet/pan and I didn’t notice much difference in taste. Except that the pan cooked tends to get harder fast than the oven baked one so serve when its warm
- Chocolate can also be melted in microwave.
- Toppings can be personalised as per the taste.