Strawberry Granita – 3 Ingredients
A granita is an Italian semi-frozen dessert made from sugar, water and various flavoured ingredients. I love making granitas from berries, such as raspberries, blueberries and strawberries!
Frosty and light, each spoonful is bright and refreshing, capturing the sweetness of the berries balanced with a hint of honey and tangy lemon flavour.
Preparation time-5 minutes
Waiting time-3-4 hours
- Strawberry- 400gms (hulled and sliced in two)
- Lemon juice-from 1 lemon
- Combine the sliced strawberries, honey, lemon juice in a blender/food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe 13x9inch baking dish, cover and place in the freezer.
- Once ice crystals start to form scrape the mixture with the tines of a fork every 30 minutes as the mixture freezes, until granite is fully frozen but scoop able consistency (about 3 hours)
- Once set remove from the freezer and stir with a fork to break it up and scoop into individual serving dishes or glasses.
- Sweetness can be personalised as per the taste.
- For vegan option replace honey with maple syrup or alternative sweetener of choice.
- Ok, if you want to get fancy, you can add all kinds of toppings.