Babycorn bell pepper fried brown rice: (Indo-Chinese)
Steamed brown rice is stir fried with babycorn, bell peppers, cabbage, onions along with oriental sauces.
Healthy low calorie and low fat eating doesn’t mean compromise on taste. Exploring different ways to season and cook, you can enjoy healthier foods. While many people enjoy eating Chinese dishes, they often think that it is difficult to fix these dishes at home. Try this low-calorie version of fried rice, and see for yourself just how easy it is.
Preparation time: 10 minutes (excluding the cooking time of rice)
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Brown rice-1cup (cooked and cooled completely)
- Halved lengthways Baby corn -125 gms
- Thinly Sliced/chopped bell peppers-1
- Thinly sliced cabbage-1/2cup
- Spring onion greens-1/4 cup +for garnishing
- Thinly sliced onion-1
- Chopped garlic-2cloves
- Green chilli sauce-1tsp
- Soy sauce-1tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper-to taste
- Oil- 1tsp
- Heat oil in a wok/large frying pan; Add chopped garlic, onion and saute for a minute.
- Then add bell peppers/capsicum and baby corn saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in cabbage, chilli sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, salt stir fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in rice, spring onion greens, ground black pepper mix well and allow to heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Divide between serving bowls, garnish with spring onion greens
- Serve hot
This can be served as main dish for 3 course chinese meal.
Starter – Baked Mushroom Manchurian
Dessert – Beet Muesli cake
- Left over rice can be used or cooked ahead and chilling gives grainy texture.
- Green chilli sauce is optional, for mild spice just ground black pepper will do.
- Vegetables like carrot/sweet corn can be included as a variation
Posted on June 8, 2015, in Indian, International, Main Course, Main dish and tagged baby corn rice, bell pepper baby corn healthy main dish, capsicum fried rice, info- chinese fried rice, simple main dish. Bookmark the permalink. 40 Comments.