Apple and Oats Yogurt Lassi/smoothie
This Apple Oatmeal Smoothie is loaded with healthy ingredients. It’s lightly spiced with cinnamon and a dash of pure vanilla extract adds a little extra sweetness. All of these flavors combine to make a smoothie that just about tastes like apple pie
Oat smoothies are great for a quick, healthy, and filling breakfast, and they also make a nutritious snack later in the day.
Preparation time-10 minutes
- Apple- 1 large/2small
- Semi-skimmed Milk of choice- 1cup
- Non-fat Greek yogurt-1/2cup
- Rolled oats-1/4cup
- Maple syrup/honey-2tbsp
- Ground cinnamon-1tsp
- Vanilla extract-1/2tsp
- Cinnamon- to sprinkle
- Ice cubes
- Place milk and oats into a blender and let it stand for few minutes to soften oats.
- Meanwhile core apple- (peel if desired) and add to the blender jar along with rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Sprinkle some ground cinnamon and serve with ice cubes.
- Yogurt quantity can be adjusted as per desired smoothie consistency
- This smoothie can be made in a day advance, covered and stored in refrigerator
- Thickness or consistency and sweetness can be personalised as per the taste.
- Maple syrup/honey can be substituted with sugar/brown sugar or any sweetener of choice.
Posted on July 3, 2015, in Breakfast, International, Juices/Beverages and tagged breakfast smoothies, fruit beverages, healthy breakfast smoothies., healthy drinks, oats drinks, smoothie styling, summer healthy beverages, Summer homemade juices. Bookmark the permalink. 25 Comments.