Banana and Dates – Halwa/Burfi
Creamy Banana burfi topped with toasted almonds/Cashews! Making delicious fudge can be done year round, and it’s always a great treat at potlucks too!
These tasty banana bites are packed with goodies and the little ones will love this yummy and healthy food snack. So just pop them in the freezer and take them out whenever you want one.
Children and adults alike love sweet, nutritious bananas. Since bananas come neatly packed in their own wrapper, they are very portable. They may be eaten in their whole form, sliced into fruit salad or mashed and added to muffin and bread recipes. Frozen bananas can be added to smoothies in place of yogurt or ice cream.
- Yields-12-14 slices
- Preparation time-5 minutes
- Cooking time-15-20 minutes
- Ripe banana-4 num
- Dates molasses -1/2 cup (alternatively can use dates paste/Jaggery)
- Sunflower spread/butter-1 tbsp+for greasing
- Corn starch-2 tbsp (dissolved in 2-3 tbsp of water)
- Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
- Grease a plate or a dish 4*4 size and set aside
- Peel the bananas, slice them and place them in a saucepan with 1/4 cup of water and cooking a medium low flame until soft.
- Once the bananas are soft, using a masher, mash the bananas to a smooth paste.
- Now add dates molasses stir well and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the mixture thickens a bit add the corn starch-water mixture
- Continue to cook on a medium low flame until it starts leaving the sides of the pan
- Now add Caradmom powder and stir well
- Once it reaches desired consistency turn off the flame then trasnform the mixture to a greased dish or plate
- Once it cools down put it in the refrigarator for 3 to 4 hours
- Once it is set cut into desired shape and Enjoy
- Dates molasses can be replaced with dates paste/jaggery/any sweetner of choice.
- The banana I used was ripe and sweet so idint required much molasses/sweetner so feel free to adjust the sweetness as per the taste.
- Once corn starch is added make sure to stir continuously to prevent from burning.
Posted on July 26, 2015, in Indian and tagged banana dessert, banana halwa, dates recipe, easy sweets, fruit burfi recipe, fruit sweets recipe, indian low sugar sweets, low sugar sweets. Bookmark the permalink. 15 Comments.