Spicy Kadai soya – Vegan: (Indo-Chinese)
Kadai soya is similar to kadai bhindi/paneer, it’s an awesome dish. I just made few variations to make it indo-chinese by adding indian spices and a touch of Chinese sauces.
Soya chunks are also famous with the name of soya nuggets or nutri nugget. They are tasteless and odourless food item. These are extremely high in protein,pure vegetarian beans. Soya is one of the best non-fish sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids that can help in reducing the risk of coronary heart disease.
Enjoy this nutritious, whole some dish as a starter/side dish.
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Soaking Time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Soya chunks-200gms
- Cubed capsicums-1num
- Chopped tomato- 2 medium
- Chopped onion-1num
- Green chilli-3num
- Red chillies – 3 to 4
- Minced/grated ginger-1/2inch
- Roasted cumin powder-1tsp
- Coriander powder-1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil-2tsp+ 2tspStbsp
- Chopped coriander-a handful
- Soak red chillies, garlic in vinegar for 20-30minutes
- Place soaked red chillies, garlic in a blender/food processor along with chopped tomatoes and blend to smooth paste and set aside.
- Blanch soya chunks in hot water for 6-8minutes, drain and squeeze the water thoroughly
For the chilli soya:
- Heat 1tbsp oil in the pan and shallow fry the soya chunks for 5-7mins/until slighty brown. Transfer it to a plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in the same pan minced ginger, slit green chillies; onions and Saute for a minute in low flame.
- Add the ground paste (red chillie-garlic-tomato) paste and saute for 3-4minutes/until the raw flavour goes off….
- Add capsicum and saute until its tender but crunchy (approx. 4-5mins)
- Add blanched and drained soya chunks saute for 5mins.
- Then season with salt, pepper powder and mix well; Cover the lid and cook on a medium low flame for a minute or two- until heated through.
- Garnish with coriander, simple spicy kadai soya is ready to serve.
Serve with Paratha’s like
- If you don’t like it much spicy avoid chilli paste.
- Dry roast 2tsp cumin and 1tsp coriander seeds and ground to fine powder. Or use store bought cumin and coriander powder.
- For Chilli garlic paste: Soak 5-6red chilli in water overnight and blend it to paste.
- You can use chilli powder instead of chilli paste
- Spices and sauces can be varied according to ones taste and preference
Posted on July 27, 2015, in Indian, Side dish, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, Dairy free recipe, drchdietfood, indian style soya nuggets stir fry, Indo-chinese cuisine healthy recipes, protein rich nuggets, soya nuggets recipe, Soya recipes, Vegan recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 26 Comments.