Lachha Paratha – Whole wheat and Oats
Laccha paratha is a kind of layered flat bread made with whole wheat flour. Just to add bit more fiber have added Oats and though the layers were not prominent the paratha turned out soft and fluffy.
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
• Whole wheat flour-1 cup
• Powdered Oats -1/4 cup
• Plain flour-1 tbsp
• Salt-as per taste
• Oil-1tbsp+to toast paratha
• Warm water for kneading
• In a bowl, add wheat flour, powdered Oats, plain flour and salt mix well. Rub in the oil and add warm water gradually. Knead until smooth.(the dough should be little loose and moisture but not sticky) Cover and rest for 30 mins to 1 hr.
• After resting time, divide the dough to 4-5 big lemon sized balls.
• For layering-in a small bowl mix flour and oil and set aside.
• Now take one dough ball and using rolling pin roll it to a wide thin disc (roll it as thin as possible)
• Spread oil flour mixture over the rolled disc and pleat the dough to make small folds(similar to Japanese foldable hand fan) stretch a little bit and roll into spiral.
• And then roll each spiral to a round flat circle.
• Heat the tawa and cook the rolled flat circles for a minute or until a bubble appears.
• Then flip to other side and drizzle oil around and press gently using spatula and cook until you see some brown spot on bottom side. Flip over again and cook for few more seconds.
• And remove from the tawa and repeat the same with other spirals.
• Crush the stacked paratha with your hands to separate layers (as I used muesli parathas were very soft and the layers were not visible but it was fluffy)
Serve hot with any side dish of your choice.
• Just to make it bit more rich in fiber I tried to use muesli along with Atta , if you prefer using maida/plain flour don’t panic, can follow the same recipe just replace the flour.
• Using butter instead of oil for layering makes it bit crispier.
Posted on July 20, 2015, in Indian, Main dish and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy Indian breads, Indian flat bread, Indian layered paratha, indianrecipe, Laccha paratha, Lacha Paratha, Lachha Paratha Low fat, oats Paratha, oats recipes., Whole wheat recipe. Bookmark the permalink. 25 Comments.