Pot pie from dairy free paratha – Vegan
Pot pie is a mixture of vegetables/pasta/noodles filling, covered with puff pastry and baked until the flaky crust in the oven. Pot pies are baked in a deep casserole or individual oven proof dishes.
This pot pie pasta is healthier as frozen parathas is used instead of puff pasty sheets. Parathas I used are whole wheat low fat and dairy free.
The filling is done with vegan pasta where whole wheat pasta is cooked in vegan white sauce with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, peas and fenugreek leaves. (Recipe of Pasta with different fillings using regular milk in my blog). I will share the recipe for Vegan pasta shortly.
Pot pies are served as a main dish.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Baking time: 25-30mins
- Vegan pasta- as required for 2
- Parathas-2 (Link)
- Olive oil- for brushing
- Pre-heat the oven to 180deg c.
- Brush oil to the oven proof pots/dish and fill it with pasta. (Use 2 individual medium bowl sized oven proof dishes)
- Place each paratha over the top of each dish with a little draping over the sides. Brush some oil over the parathas.
- Place the pot pie in the pre-heated oven for 25-30minutes or till the parathas are golden brown. (place the pots on the oven tray as the filling may boil otherwise)
- You can use puff pastry sheet in place of parathas.
- Frozen parathas can also be used to make this dish quicker
- Use any filling of your choice.
I am sharing this recipe to VVLP#6
Posted on August 6, 2014, in International, Main Course, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Paratha baked recipes, Paratha Pot pies, Vegan pot pie, Vegan recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 25 Comments.