White pasta sauce – Vegan
This Pasta sauce is made with Almond milk instead of regular milk. Using almond milk makes this vegan sauce also adds taste and results in low calorie sauce.
Cooking time: 15minutes
- Almond milk-2cups
- Whole wheat flour-2tbsp
- Olive oil butter-2tbsp
- Garlic powder-2tsp
- Dry herbs-1tsp
- white pepper-1/2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Melt olive oil butter in a sauce pan and stir in wheat flour on a medium flame and cook for 1-2minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in almond milk to get a smooth sauce.
- Place the sauce pan back to the heat and bring it to boil stirring all the time and ensure not to burn the sauce.
- Simmer for 5-8minutes and season with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Regular milk can be used instead of almond milk for Non-vegan option
- Plain flour can be used in place of wheat flour.
- For more creamy option can use cream/cheese.
Posted on August 6, 2014, in Dips, Dips, Indian, International, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Vegan pasta sauce, Vegan recipes, Vegan white pasta sauce recipe, White pasta sauce recipe. Bookmark the permalink. 26 Comments.