Nuts and flaxseed masala rice
Brown basmati rice, flavoured with exotic spices, ground roasted nut and flaxseeds.
Ground flaxseed and blended with healthy nuts makes it rich in magnesium, zinc, vitamin B1, iron and rich in antioxidant. They also contributes to the production of energy in the body.
This rice can be enjoyed for breakfast or packed lunch as it is delicious and nutritious.
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 20mins (excluding cooking time of rice)
- Brown rice/any rice-1cup
- Chopped spring onion white- 1cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Cinnamon stick-1”
- Fennel seeds-1tsp
- Pepper corns-6
- Desiccated coconut-1/4cup
- Red chillies-2num
- Lime juice-as required
- Chopped nuts, spring onion greens
- Just rinse and soak brown rice for 30minutes-1hour and cook in 2cups water and 1/4tsp salt for 15-18minutes
- Spread the cooked rice in a broad dish to separate the grains and allow it to cool
- In a non-stick pan dry roast almond, walnuts, pepper corns, clove, cinnamon, red chillies, flaxseed and allow it to cool down. Then ground it to course powder along with coconut and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan; Add onion and saute until the onions are slightly brown and tender.
- Add ground powder, cooked rice mix well and simmer until heated through.
- Turn off the flame and drizzle some lemon juice, garnish with chopped nuts.
- Serve with yogurt dip or any roasted vegetables.
- I usually cook rice 1-2hours ahead and cool completely as hot rice may go mushy while mixing.
- Can use any vegetables like bell peppers, aubergine etc.,
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste.
Posted on August 5, 2014, in Indian, Main dish and tagged Flaxseed rice; nuts masala rice;brown rice recipes; Brown rice dry recipes;drchdietfood;Chitras healthy Kitchen. Bookmark the permalink. 22 Comments.