Baby Potato in capsicum and tomato puree – Vegan
Baby potatoes in tomato and capsicum puree is a unique simple delicious side dish. In this recipe potatoes are cooked and soaked in tomato capsicum gravy. The gravy is the blend of ginger-garlic, fennel and sesame seeds.
This is a vibrant gravy has a satisfying, long-simmered taste, and tomatoes loaded with cancer-combating lycopene. The peppers are blended to release its pungent flavour to the gravy. Onions and Garlic intensifies their flavour. The gravy can be made into a rich, creamy broth or leave the consistency a little chunky, as desired.
Yields: 2-3 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Baby potato- 10 number
- Chilli powder- 1tsp
- Coriander powder-1tsp
- Garam masala-1tsp
- Coconut milk- 1/2cup
- Corn starch/corn flour-1tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander- a handful
- Chopped onion-1
- Chopped tomatoes-2medium
- Chopped bell peppers/capsicum-1medium
- Fennel seeds-1tsp
- Sesame seeds-2tbsp
- Bring water to boil in a large sauce pan cook potatoes on medium-high heat until potatoes are fork tender about 8-10minutes(time varies depending on the size of the potatoes)
- Drain and allow it to cool a bit.
- Once cooled peel the skin and prick it with a fork to allow the gravy seep inside.
For the gravy:
- Dissolve corn starch in 2-3tbsp water and set aside.
- Combine onion, tomato, capsicum, fennel seeds, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic in the food processor and blend to the smooth puree and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add ground paste cook on a medium low flame for 2-3minutes.
- Then add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala and continue to cook for 4-5minutes, stirring in between.
- Add corn starch-water mixture, coconut milk, salt, cooked potato mix well and simmer for 8-10minutes. Add water if the gravy is too thick and cook until it comes to boil.
- As the potatoes are coated well in gravy and heated through, turn off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Alternatively any kind of potatoes can be used if its big in size can chop into chunks and use
I am bringing this to Annie’s VVLP #10