Badam Vermicelli Payasa/Kheer/Pudding
This Payasa/Kheer/Pudding recipe is made with brown noodles, cardamom, ground almond/almond meal giving it the most delicious, aromatic flavor!. It can be easily converted to Vegan by replacing Milk with Almond Milk.
With almond adding creaminess and toasted nuts gracing the top, this pudding is an almond-lovers dream. Prefer this pudding served warm, as I find the pudding to be firmer than normal when chilled. If you do chill it and heat it up, add a splash of milk to the pudding and cover the bowl with plastic wrap before heating. This will add moisture back in and make the pudding as creamy as it was when it was first made.
Serves – 2-3
Preparation time -10 minutes
Cooking time -15 minutes
- Brown Vermicelli-1/2 cup
- Semi skimmed milk-2-21/2 cup (adjust as per the consistency desired)
- Almond meal/powder-3-4 tbsp (I just used whole almonds and ground in the mixer)
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Brown sugar-1/3 cup
- Ghee/Sunflower Butter -1 tbsp
- Roasted mixed nuts (roughly chopped)
- Heat Ghee in a non-stick or heavy bottomed pan. Roast vermicelli until golden brown.
- Once roasted add warm milk , cover and let it boil on a medium high flame until the vermicelli is soft and cooked (approx. 6-8)
- Now add Powdered Almond, Sugar, Cardamom and let it simmer for few more minutes stirring continuously.
- Once the kheer reaches the desired consistency, turn off the flame. (please feel free to adjust the consistency as per the taste)
- Sweetness can be personalised as per the taste.
- Almond meal adds the creamy texture to the pudding/kheer so feel free to adjust the quantity as per the consistency.
Posted on January 13, 2016, in Indian and tagged almond noodles pudding, badam kheer, badami shavige payasam, brown noodles kheer, festival easy kheer, festival easy sweets ideas, kheer photography, kheer styling, payasam styling, semyia payasam/semyia kheer, shavige payasa. Bookmark the permalink. 56 Comments.