Thin crust pizza (Yeast free)
This whole wheat pizza dough recipe is delicious and healthy crust and can be made in no time. This no yeast dough produces a crust of medium thickness that is crisp across the bottom and little chewy in the middle with a hint of whole wheat flavour.
Serves: 2-3 (makes 2 medium thin crust)
Baking time: 15-20 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Whole wheat flour-2cups
- Ground oats-1/2cup
- Olive oil-3-4tbsp
- Warm water- 3/4cup/ as required
- Dried herbs-1tsp ( oregano, rosemary, basil/ any dried herbs of your preference)
- Salt- as per taste
Light Mozrella Cheese
- In a bowl combine wheat flour, ground oats, salt, oil, dried herbs, and mix.
- Make a well in the centre and start adding water little by little and combine until a soft dough is formed. (Make sure to knead the dough for 6-8 minutes and sprinkle some water if it is too stiff snd the dough has to be stiff). .
- Dump the dough onto the floured surface work surface and quickly knead dough a few minutes until comes together.
- Then place the dough into a bowl sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with towel and let it rest for 15-20minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg c (fan assisted)
- On the floured surface roll the dough to the desired shape and size and transfer to the greased baking tray brush the rolled dough with oil bake it for 4-5 minutes
- Remove from the oven; Spread pizza sauce, add desired topping, spices and mozzarella cheese and bake for another 8-10 minutes or so, until slightly browned.
- Cool slightly before cutting.
- Spices and topping can be done according to the individual preferences and taste
- For topping I used capsicum- ½, onion- ½ , grated low mozzarella chesse-2-3tbsp, Basil-8 to 10 leaves and pizza sauce
- You can even whip up a batch of dough one evening and leave it in your refrigerator for the following night or even for up-to a week.
- If using pizza stone baking time may vary and also baking time may vary from oven to oven.
Here I havn’t used any raising agents so the crust comes out thin but make sure to knead the pizza dough for 6-8 minutes to get a soft crust and also the dough has to be soft/loose compared to roti or chapathi dough…
Here i havent used any baking powder/soda but feel free to include.
Posted on January 20, 2016, in International, Main Course and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, healthy wholewheat oats pizza recipes, home made pizza dough, Thin crust whole wheat pizza, Yeast free baking recipe, yeast free Pizza. Bookmark the permalink. 74 Comments.