Mushroom fried rice (Indo-chinese)
My family loves indo-chinese dishes so am here again with another dish. Here in this recipe I used main ingredient as mushrooms as a best suppliment of Vitamin D during winter. Soaking chillies and vinegar helps to impart flavours to the dish. This can be great for lunch or packed lunches.
Mushrooms are rich in B vitamins. They are also the only vegan, non-fortified dietary source of vitamin D. Mushrooms also provide several minerals that may be difficult to obtain in the diet, such as selenium, potassium, copper, iron, and phosphorus.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Cooking time-15 minutes (excluding the cooking time of rice)
- Any rice of choice-1cup (I used brown rice)
- Button mushrooms-250gms (cleaned and sliced)
- Chopped onion-1medium
- Garlic cloves-3 (chopped )
- Green chillies-2 (slit/halved)
- Chopped celery-1/4cup
- Soy sauce-1tbsp
- Salt and ground black pepper-to taste
- Soak chopped garlic and slit green chilies in vinegar until required.
- For cooking rice: rinse and soak rice for 30 minutes. After soaking time drain and bring 4-5 cups of water to boil and cook rice until al dente by adding salt and 1 tsp oil.
- One cooked drain and spread on a broad pan until cools down.
For fried rice:
- Heat oil in a wok on high flame until smoky and then add chopped onion and saute for 2-3 minutes on a high flame.
- Then add the chopped mushrooms and stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Now add in soaked chilles, garlic along with vinegar and then add soy sauce, celery and continue to cook until mushrooms, celery are cooked and coated well in sauce.
- Add cooked rice, salt, ground black pepper and stir gently and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until coated well and heated through.
- Finally garnish with spring onion greens
Serve with indo-chinese curry/sauce.
It can be served with Baked Manchurian gravy
I served this with vegetable Indo- chinese curry
Make this is a 2 course meal with Soya Chunks Manchurian
- Any vegetables can be included as a variation.
- Mushrooms tends to release water as cooking so continue to saute until the water evaporates.
- Soaking chilles and garlic is optional but it helps to impart flavour to the dish
Posted on January 29, 2016, in Indian, International, Main Course, Main dish and tagged brown rice fried rice, Brown rice recipes, Chinese mushroom rice recipe, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, healthy rice dish, Indo-chinese fried rice, Indo-chinese healthy recipes, mushroom recipes, Vegan rice recipes, Vitamin - D vegan recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 54 Comments.