Spiced Potato Slices on Tawa/Stove Top
These coated/skillet roasted potato slices however you prepare them, they make the perfect side dish. These crispy Baked Potato Wedges are no exception, they are crazy delicious!
Because everyone’s definition of spice is different, feel free to adjust the spices in the recipe to your taste.
Preparation time-20 minutes (includes boiling time of potatoes)
Cooking time- 6-8 minutes (per batch)
- Russet potatoes-4 medium size
- Olive oil-for toasting slices
- Corn starch-2-3tbsp
- Garlic powder-2tsp
- Dried mint-1tbsp
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Salt- 1/4tsp/to taste
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and bring a saucepan of water to boil and add potatoes and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are done (make sure potatoes are cooked until fork tender (Al dente)- which helps to slice it)
- Once the potatoes are boiled –allow it to cool a bit and slice it to 1/4inch thick
- Combine cornstarch, red chilli powder, garlic powder, dried mint, salt in a mixing bowl – add water and mix well to make a thin batter. (butter milk consistency)
For roasting slices:
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium high flame.
- Now coat the boiled and sliced potatoes in the batter and place on the skillet, drizzle some olive oil and let it toast for 2-3 minutes, flip and toast on the other side for again 2-3 minutes.
- Once toasted on both sides the dish is ready to serve
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste.
- Potatoes can be replaced with sweet potatoes/red potatoes.
- Ensure the batter is not to thick and it should just be enough to thinly coat the potato slices
- Potato slices should be thin
- Potato skin is retained and it can be removed if desired
Posted on February 28, 2016, in Indian and tagged Healthy starters, potato party snacks recipes, potato recipes, potato starters, skillet starters, spiced potato slices, stove top recipes, stove top starters, tawa starters. Bookmark the permalink. 68 Comments.