Oats and Nuts breakfast bars (No bake bars)
These peanut butter and oat breakfast bars are vegan, full of protein, and hint of chocolate to make you feel like you’re getting a bit of a treat.
Quantity: 12-14 bars
Preparation Time: 25-30 mins
Waiting time: 30 – 45 mins
• Peanut butter-1/2cup
• Dark cooking Chocolate-100gms
• Honey-1tsp (garnishing)
• Choco chip-for garnishing
• In a pan dry roast oats for 2-3minutes set aside.
• Dry roast peanuts on a low flame for 5-6minutes and then add almonds, walnuts roast for 2-3minutes and set aside until it slightly cools down.
• In a mixer jar grind flaxseed to powder and then add the nuts and pulse once/ twice just until the nuts are coarsely crushed.
• Grease a tray/plate with cooking spray and set aside.
• Melt the chocolate in microwave/ on double boiler.
• Now in a bowl add roasted oats, coarsely crushed nuts, peanut butter, melted chocolate and mix well.
• Transfer this mixture to the greased tray spread and sprinkle some chocolate chips and press it down slightly and let it stand until its hard and then cut into bars.
Just drizzle some honey on top and enjoy
• Can add Corn syrup OR Honey instead of chocolate
• Store in a air tight container for easy and quick breakfasts
Posted on April 16, 2014, in Appetizers, Breakfast, Indian, International, Kids recipes and tagged Breakfast healthy bars, drchdietfood, No cook & bake bars, nuts, oats, Walnuts. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment