Brown bread pizza with spinach sauce
This brown bread pizza snack is packed with fibre from wholemeal flour and the goodness of vegetables and low-fat cheese. Skip Pizza restaurants & but have all the taste at home minus the guilt.
As a variation I have tried to make this pizza using spinach puree/sauce.
Baking time: 5-7mins
Preparation time: 15mins
• Brown bread slices-6
• Finely chopped onion-1num
• Finely chopped green bell pepper-1num
• Black/green olives-6
• Low fat cheese-for topping
• Italian herbs-1tsp
• Chilli flakes-to sprinkle(optional)
For spinach sauce:
• Blanched spinach-200g
• garlic- 4-5pods
• salt- as per taste
• Put spinach, garlic, ginger, tomato & salt into the blender and blend it to the smooth puree
• Spread spinach sauce on one side of the bread.
• Sprinkle chopped green peppers and onion.
• Then sprinkle cheese and Italian seasoning, chilli flakes & olives on top.
• Pre-heat the oven at 200deg and bake it for 5-7minutes /until the cheese melts and bread becomes crispy.
Serve hot with sauce.
You can use Pizza sauce of your taste