Porridge: Orange and Oatmeal
According to the studies eating a healthy breakfast will keep your glucose levels balanced and make you less likely to snack throughout the day. However, to do your body the most good, your breakfast needs to include a combination of healthy foods — such as those found in a smoothie made of oatmeal, banana, milk and orange juice
I was surprised to learn when eating fortified oatmeal; our bodies don’t absorb all the IRON it has. So, in order to help our bodies retain the iron in oatmeal, we need to consume ORANGE JUICE along with the oatmeal. So tried this combination of oatmeal cooked in milk and orange juice.
Cooking time: 10-15minutes
• Rolled oats-1cup
• Orange juice-1cup
• Cinnamon powder-1/2tsp
• Nutmeg powder-1/4tsp
• Roughly Chopped nuts-2tbsp
• Bring milk to boil in a sauce pan.
• While milk is boiling prepare the lemon slices. Cut it in half across its mid-section, then take knife and slide it down each side of every segment. This makes easier to spoon out.
• When the liquid begins boiling, add oats and reduce the heat to medium.
• Spoon out the orange segments add it to oatmeal, add orange juice along and stir.
• Wait again for the liquid to absorb , then add cinnamon, nutmeg powder, pinch of salt, and mix well.
• When your pleased with the consistency of oatmeal transfer to a bowl.
Serve with another splash of milk, sliced almonds, shredded coconut or any other additional toppings.
• If your orange juice is sweet enough can skip adding honey
• For different serving ideas can use peach or any other fruits of your choice.