Microwave – Banana whole wheat cake (Eggless and Vegan)
This is the quick, easy microwave cake. It’s healthy and vegan too…
Makes: 10-12 slices
Cooking time: 8-10 mins
Preparation time: 10 mins
• Whole wheat flour-1 1/4cup
• Baking powder-1tsp
• Baking soda-1/2tsp
• Cinnamon powder-1tsp
• Nutmeg powder-1/2tsp
• Coarsely chopped walnuts-1/2cup
• Bananas ripe mashed -3/4cup (about 2 bananas)
• Olive oil butter-3tbsp
• Soya milk-1/2 to 3/4cup
• Brown sugar-3/4cup
• Vanilla essence-1tsp
• Sift in all dry ingredients in a bowl; mix well and set aside
• In a bowl mix milk and vinegar and let it stand for 5-10mins
• Grease and line a 8” microwave safe bowl and set aside
• Beat sugar, oil for 2-3mins using a hand mixer and blend in mashed banana, vanilla essence, Milk – Vinegar mixture and whisk together.
• Then slowly add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture and gently fold in mixture and combine well. (do not over mix)
• Add walnuts to the batter and mix.
• Then pour the batter to the greased microwave bowl and bake it in the microwave for 6-8mins (700watts)
• Give it a standing time of 5mins
• Then gently transfer cake on a cooling rack.
Enjoy with your favourite ice-cream or it tastes awesome as it is.
• Power setting for each microwave differ so keep an eye while baking. after 5 mins keep checking every minute and make sure it is not over baked.
• The cake would initially look puffed up but would drop down once cooled.
• You can even use low fat dairy free butter.
• Make sure that the batter occupies just half of the container space.