Microwave – Banana whole wheat cake (Eggless and Vegan)
This is the quick, easy microwave cake. It’s healthy and vegan too…
Makes: 10-12 slices
Cooking time: 8-10 mins
Preparation time: 10 mins
• Whole wheat flour-1 1/4cup
• Baking powder-1tsp
• Baking soda-1/2tsp
• Cinnamon powder-1tsp
• Nutmeg powder-1/2tsp
• Coarsely chopped walnuts-1/2cup
• Bananas ripe mashed -3/4cup (about 2 bananas)
• Olive oil butter-3tbsp
• Soya milk-1/2 to 3/4cup
• Brown sugar-3/4cup
• Vanilla essence-1tsp
• Sift in all dry ingredients in a bowl; mix well and set aside
• In a bowl mix milk and vinegar and let it stand for 5-10mins
• Grease and line a 8” microwave safe bowl and set aside
• Beat sugar, oil for 2-3mins using a hand mixer and blend in mashed banana, vanilla essence, Milk – Vinegar mixture and whisk together.
• Then slowly add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture and gently fold in mixture and combine well. (do not over mix)
• Add walnuts to the batter and mix.
• Then pour the batter to the greased microwave bowl and bake it in the microwave for 6-8mins (700watts)
• Give it a standing time of 5mins
• Then gently transfer cake on a cooling rack.
Enjoy with your favourite ice-cream or it tastes awesome as it is.
• Power setting for each microwave differ so keep an eye while baking. after 5 mins keep checking every minute and make sure it is not over baked.
• The cake would initially look puffed up but would drop down once cooled.
• You can even use low fat dairy free butter.
• Make sure that the batter occupies just half of the container space.
Posted on May 1, 2014, in Dessert, International, Kids recipes, Vegan and tagged Banana cake, drchdietfood, Eggless banana cake, Microwave cake, Vegan cake. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment