Muesli Cucumber – Dosa (Crepes)
Muesli is an excessively rich source of insoluble and soluble fibre which helps in reducing cholesterol.
The sudden fluctuations in sugar levels can be stabilized with the soluble fiber present in muesli.
Muesli helps in reducing and stabilizing high blood pressure, curing bacterial infection, assists in maintaining the correct body mass index which can aid in weight loss.
The fiber in muesli absorbs water and swells up which means it occupies more space in stomach and makes feel fuller.
This makes a healthy breakfast option, instant & easy tasty dosas.
Cooking time: 30mins
Preparation time: 15mins
• Rava/ semolina:1/2cup
• Wheat flour-1/4cup
• Finely chopped onion-1num
• Grated cucumber-1cup
• Cumin seeds-2tsp
• Green chilli-4-5num
• Salt- as per taste
• Oil- to roast dosas
• Butter milk-1/2cup
• Crushed cashews-2tbsp
• Water –as required
• Dry roast muesli for 2mins and powder it in the mixer. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
• Then coarsely grind green chillies, ginger, coriander in mixer/blender.
• Add wheat flour, Rava(Semolina), salt, green chilli-ginger paste, Cucumber, Onion, Cashews and mix well.
• Add butter milk and whisk, add water if required and make a thin batter.
• Heat the griddle/ tawa, stir and take a ladle full of batter spread from the outward base of the tawa in circular motion. Fill the gap in the middle with dosa batter. Don’t drop batter thick in one place instead pour all over, evenly.
• Drizzle some oil along the edges of dosa.
• Increase heat to medium high and let the dosa cook for around 2mins. at this point flip and cook other side for 1-2mins and transfer it to a serving plate. Serve warm with chutney of your choice.
• Muesli I used is a combination of oats, wheat flakes, rye flakes, barley flakes.
• If you don’t have muesli handy, use oats.
• If possible prepare batter at least an hour before making dosas.
• If you don’t have buttermilk use just water.
• The consistency should not be too thick should be pouring consistency as thick butter milk.
• If you want the dosa crispier increase the flame and cook for 1-2mins more
• Oats can also be used to replace muesli and rest of the ingredients remains same.
Posted on May 1, 2014, in Breakfast, Indian, Main dish and tagged Crepes, Dosa, drchdietfood, Museli, Museli Crepes, Museli Dosa. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.
You have amazing recipes. So unique 🙂
Thank you so much.. It means a lot to me.
Anytime 🙂 They are so informative.
Thanks for dropping by my blog and following and leading me to yours. This first one I checked out is super. I love dosas, but what a great variation. Must give it a try.
Thanks Hilda. Have a good day