Karela/ bitter gourd stir fry
Bitter Gourd acts as natural Insulin to lower blood sugar levels.
Cooking time: 20-25mins
Preparation time: 5mins
• Bitter gourd-1cup (deseeded and thinly sliced )
• Chilli powder-1/2tsp
• Sugar substitute-1tsp
• Cumin powder-1tsp
• Chilli sauce-1tbsp (optional)
• Salt-as per taste
• Chopped oriander-2tbsp
• Heat oil in the pan/ kadai add karela slices and saute on a medium high flame till the slices become lightly brown in colour. (this may take approx. 8-10mins) keep stirring in between
• Then add chilli powder, turmerice, cumin powder stir and saute for few more minutes on a low flame.
• Lastly add chilli sauce and mix well until its coated well with the sauce.
• Garnish with coriander and serve with dal rice/ sambar rice.
• Cook until the slices are crispy.
• Can skip chilli sauce and add Aamchor powder/ a tbsp of tamrind pulp