Parathas – Stuffed with Capsicum and cheese
This recipe of cheese capsicum paratha makes a delicious recipe and easy to make. It can be served as a main course for lunch and easy to pack for lunch box as it can be enjoyed even without any side dish.
Bell peppers are excellent sources of vitamins C and A–antioxidants that neutralize free radicals, thus helping to reduce the risk of heart disease, some cancers, and cataracts, and to alleviate symptoms of arthritis and asthma.
Eating mozzarella cheese offers health benefits in addition to the vitamins and minerals it provides. It is a good source of protein, which is important for energy and muscle maintenance. It may protect against gout, a painful condition that results in the build-up of uric acid crystals in the joints.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
For the dough:
• Whole wheat flour-1cup
• Ragi/millet flour-1/2cup
• Methi powder-1/4tsp(optional)
• Warm water-as required to form the dough
• Oil – for toasting parathas
• Dry flour-for dusting
• Very finely chopped capsicum-3/4cup(about 1medium size)
• Low fat grated mozzarella cheese-1/2cup
• Green chilli-2num
• Garam masala powder/chat masala-1/4tsp
• Salt-as per taste
• Combine wheat flour, millet flour, methi powder, salt and enough water to make a soft dough.
• Knead well cover with the wet muslin cloth/kitchen towel and let it rest for 15-20mins.
• Divide the dough into 6-7lemon sized balls and set aside.
• Throw green chilli, ginger, garlic, coriander in the mixer jar and blend it coarse without adding any water.
• In a bowl add chopped capsicum, cheese, blended mixture, garam masala, salt and mix well and set aside.
• Take the lemon sized dough balls and roll to 3”disc and place a spoonful stuffing on the disc and seal it by punching towards middle and roll carefully to 4-5inch circle of desired thickness by dusting some dry flour.
• Cook on a hot non-stick pan by drizzling oil on a medium high flame .
• Cook until brownish spots appear on both the sides.
• Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing .
Serve hot with yogurt/ raita/ any side dish of your choice.
• Squeeze the chopped capsicum before mixing with cheese.
• Adding oats help to suck the water that oozes water from capsicum. (even after squeezing capsicum oozes water as we add salt to the stuffing)
• Instead of blending chilli-ginger garlic, you can even chop them fine or use chilli powder, ginger garlic paste