Biscuit and nuts – cocoa bars: (No Bake) – 100th Post
This is easy, tasty and no-bake bars made from dark cocoa, biscuits, nuts and butterscotch.
This post is special as its my 100th one and hence tried to make a quick and easy healthy recipe.
My objective of this blog is to share recipes of excellent food that is full of flavour and importantly healthy-hearty comfort food at its nutritional best. It may not have all webster’s definition of “healthy”, but I do my best to ensure that most of the recipes will meet up that expectations.
I want to bring to the table a concept that “good eating and healthy eating” don’t always have to be at odds, no matter the cuisine.
Thanks to all for your support and motivation.
Yields: 6-8 bars
Preparation time: 20mins
- Digestive biscuit-12
- Roasted mixed nuts-1cup (pistachio, almond, cashews, walnuts)
For cocoa sauce:
- Cocoa powder-1/3cup
- Olive oil butter-1/4 cup
- Honey-3 tbsp (as per taste)
- Butter scotch sauce-2tbsp (optional)
- vanilla extract-2tsp
- Crushed butterscotch-2tsp
- Grease a small loaf tin and line it with the baking sheet and set aside
- If you don’t have a roasted nuts just dry roast it in a non-stick pan on a medium low flame for 4-5minutes and chope them coarse
- Coarsely crush the biscuits
For cocoa sauce:
- Heat butter in a sauce pan add in cocoa, vanilla extract whisk until slightly thickened.
- Add butterscotch sauce, honey mix and turn off the flame
- Let it cool to room temperature
To make bars:
- Pour cocoa sauce on to the crushed biscuits and nuts; mix well to make stiff dough.
- Spread the dough on to the grease and lined loaf tin and spread it with your hands or back of the ladle lightly level it and press lightly to avoid air gaps.
- Top it with crushed butterscotch (optional).
- Refrigerate the tin for 3-4hours
- After 3-4hours of cooling period remove from the refrigerator
- Slice it and enjoy!
- You can even use melted cooking chocolate instead of coca syrup
- You can use tea biscuits instead of digestive biscuits
- Nuts can be varied as per your taste
- You can skip butter scotch in sauce and for topping and just make chocolate sauce and top with nuts
- Adding Water Or Milk will reduce the crunchiness of bars so excluded as we love crunchy bars
Posted on June 18, 2014, in Appetizers, Breakfast, Breakfast, Dessert, Indian, International and tagged Biscuit bars, Chitras healthy kitchen, Cocoa powder, Digestive biscuit recipe, drchdietfood, Healthy bars, prakruthi honey, prakruthi honey bangalore, prakruthi honey recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 31 Comments.